Saturday, March 20, 2010

R.I.P. "Big Daddy B" - Gonna Miss Ya

My father-in-law passed yesterday @ 7:55 PM.   Health is such an "IMPORTANT" part of life.  Yeh it is.  Eating sensibly, keeping drinking to a minimum, EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE. 

I missed P90X for two days ... got into the "Getting The Yard Together Spirit".  From about 2 PM to 6 PM, I was out in the yard ...
  • Spreading "Weed and Feed" AGAIN -- my neighbors have WEEDS for GRASS right now
  • Tilling my flowerbeds ... not sure if I want to plant this year or just cover with rocks and planters
  • Put down the weed material to make SURE no weeds get in between the rocks and whatever I plant
  • Moving the stone blocks that encased the flower beds for all these years ... those lil things were heavy
  • Removed the bricks that were holding down the weed material ... had to find the right SPIKES .. lol
  • Put the spikes down - my lil friends the "GEICOS" did not like the fact I was invading in their space
So while watering the yard (I overseeded and always re-seeded the spots where my dog urinates), hubby comes out to ask if I want to go to the house (his parents).  There's a look that I've never seen in his eyes.  I ask, "What's going on at the house?"  "Dad just passed".  My stupid reply:

"Stop playing ... are you serious?"  He was so calm about it.  So I'm gathering up the hose, running in the house to change clothes, trying to remember to do this that.  He walks in and says, "Stop rushing - he'll be there when we get there".

We got back home well after midnight and you know the rest of the story, for the coming days.  Hubby is restoring our Mustang, so tinkling under the hood and replacing certain parts will keep his mind occupied.

Maybe I'll muster up the strength to at least do the "SHOULDER | ARM" routine ... I don't think anything with BACK, is a good ideal after the two days in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment